Art enthusiasts are generally interested in the story behind the artist’s work and a little about the artists journey in the art world.
- Artistic motivation and influences
- Art education and training or related experiences
- Description of the artist’s style, technique, preferred mediums and key themes
- The message the artist would like to convey
- Recent major awards and prizes
- The bio is best written in the third person
- Should include information about your current work, style and influences.
To complement the biography, exhibitions, awards and prizes can be listed after the main body of the biography.
Here are links to two interesting websites for tips on writing your Artist Biography.